Financial Assistance for Australians stuck overseas.
If you’ve been unable to return to Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions and are experiencing financial distress, you may be eligible to access financial support from the Australian Government.
The support comes in the form of both loans and grants. It aims to help cover living costs and/or a flight back to Australia.
You’ll need to meet strict eligibility criteria. Only those in genuine need will be provided financial support.
Main requirements are being an Australian Citizen, at least 18 years of age and have made all reasonable efforts to seek financial assistance through other means.
If you’re an Australian pension holder you may be eligible to receive a grant instead of a loan. This means you wouldn’t have to pay it back.
Flight back to Australia
You may be eligible for a one-off loan to help cover part of the cost of a flight back to Australia. The loan amount is equivalent to a standard one-way economy class airfare from the region you’re in.
COVID-19 overseas financial assistance: application form at www.smartraveller.gov.au/…-/application
Recent Related Posts
- Subclass 820 Visas Granted in 2021 20th January 2021
- Subclass 309 Visas Granted in 2021 19th January 2021
- International Flights into Australia January 2021 19th January 2021
- Who Called From: 217 399 474 18th January 2021
- Getting Harder to Fly to Australia. 16th January 2021
- Single Country Trade Dependency. 15th January 2021
- Prospective Marriage visa Extensions for COVID 13th January 2021
- Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine for Australia 13th January 2021
- Brisbane’s 3 Day Lockdown. Jan 2021 12th January 2021
- Subclass 300 PMV Visas Granted in 2021 12th January 2021