The COVID-19 coronavirus affected Australian employment figures by substantial numbers when lockdowns came into effect.
But as infection numbers reduced, and lockdowns changed, more people began to return to work.
Comparing November 2019 to November 2020, the number of people in full-time employment had reduced by 110,900 people.
At the same time, the number of people in part-time employment had increased by 27,800 people.
The figures below show that the total number of hours worked is increasing again, and getting closer to the pre-covid period figures.
Monthly hours worked in all jobs (millions)
according to the ABS
1,752 November 2020
1,709 October 2020
1,688 September 2020
1,683 August 2020
1,682 July 2020
1,785 January 2020
1,785 December 2019
Recent Related Posts
- Subclass 820 Visas Granted in 2021 20th January 2021
- Subclass 309 Visas Granted in 2021 19th January 2021
- International Flights into Australia January 2021 19th January 2021
- Who Called From: 217 399 474 18th January 2021
- Getting Harder to Fly to Australia. 16th January 2021
- Single Country Trade Dependency. 15th January 2021
- Prospective Marriage visa Extensions for COVID 13th January 2021
- Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine for Australia 13th January 2021
- Brisbane’s 3 Day Lockdown. Jan 2021 12th January 2021
- Subclass 300 PMV Visas Granted in 2021 12th January 2021