Jan 27 2018

From International Student to Permanent Resident in Australia

Change from Student Visa to Permanent Visa in Australia

After successfully completing an course of study at an Australian Education Institution, it is often possible to apply for a temporary Visa to stay in Australia and gain some working experience to enable you to apply for a Permanent Skilled Visa at a later stage.

Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution.
It lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.

Your achieved qualification must either:

relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (Graduate Work stream)
or be a higher education degree (Post-Study Work stream)

The cost is $1,500 at January 2018
This visa is valid for between 18 and 48 months from the date it is granted, depending on your qualification from studies.

Skilled Recognition Graduate visa (subclass 476)

This visa allows recent engineering graduates of recognised institutions to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience.

You must have completed an engineering degree at a recognised institution in the past two years.

The cost is $365 at January 2018
This visa is valid for 18 months from the date it is granted.

The most common Permanent Visa to be applied for after a Student has applied for the above 485 or 476 is the:

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream

You need to submit an expression of interest for the Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream, be under 45 years of age at time of invitation,
have Competent English, a relevant occupation, have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation and a pass mark of at least 60 points.

Win a Luxurious home in Australia with Hometown Prize Draws.

For Books with Free Delivery to Australia, look at: BookDepository

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *