Is a Partner Visa Applicant Eligible for Medicare?. .
You can enrol in Medicare if you live in Australia and have applied for a Permanent Resident Visa.
This includes if you’ve applied for a combined Onshore Partner Visa 820/801. The application for this is actually for the Permanent Visa (801), even though a temporary one (820) is issued first.
An application for the subclass 300 PMV is not a permanent residency visa application. These applicants can only apply for Medicare after they apply for the 820 visa.
When can you can enrol in Medicare?.
- The date you applied for permanent residency, as an Onshore (820) applicant.
- The date you arrived here to live, if you applied outside Australia.
Recent Related Posts
- Subclass 820 visas granted in 2020
- subclass 309 Visa Processing Times in 2020
- subclass 820 Visa Processing Times in 2020
- subclass 300 Visa Processing Times in 2020
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.