Australian Quarantine Costs January 2021
The New South Wales Government charges a fixed amount to contribute towards the overall costs of quarantine.
The base charge is $3,000 for one adult, with an extra $1,000 each additional adults, and $500 for each child over 3 but under 18 years of age.
The quarantine charge for Victoria is $3,000 for one adult, with an extra $1,000 each additional adults, and $500 for each child over 3 but under 18 years of age.
The Western Australia fee for one person is $2,520, with an additional $840 for each additional person over 6 years old n the same room. The cost for two people is therefore $3,360, for the 14 days. At the end of your quarantine period, an invoice for the fee will be provided to you. Payment is required within 30 days of the invoice date.
The Queensland quarantine fee for an individual is $2,800, with an extra $910 for each extra adult and $455 for each child between 4 and 18.
The quarantine fees for overseas travellers entering South Australia are: $3,000 for a single person, with an additional $1,000 for each adult, and $500 for each child. Children under 3 are not charged.
Travellers will receive an invoice at the end of their stay and will be given 30 days to pay.
The Quarantine fee in Tasmania is $2,800 for a single person, with an additional $1,000 for each adult, and $500 for each child. There will be no charge for children under three (3) years of age, and accommodation charges will be capped at $4,800.
You will have 30 days from the date of the invoice to make payment.
The ACT fee for quarantine is $3,000 for the first adult with $1,000 for each additional adult and $500 for each child aged three years or older.
The Northern Territory quarantine fee for an individual is $2,500 for the full 14 day period. A family rate of $5,000 applies for family groups of two or more people in shared accommodation.
People in mandatory supervised quarantine will also be subject to testing before exiting quarantine. If you refuse a test, there will be 10 days added to your quarantine time.
If you are required to undertake an additional 10 days of quarantine, a further fee will be charged of $1,750 for an individual or $3,500 for a family.
In the Northern Territory, you will receive an invoice for your quarantine fee which will include details of how to pay. The fee will be due 30 days from the invoice date.
Recent Related Posts
- Quarantine Options in Australia. 9th January 2021
- Exemptions to COVID Quarantine in Australia 12th October 2020
- Not Enough Quarantine Places in Australia 15th September 2020
- Quarantine for New Arrivals in Australia travelling Interstate. 15th September 2020
- Exemption from Compulsory Quarantine in Queensland. 14th July 2020
- Queensland bars Entry from some NSW Areas 14th July 2020
- All Australians to pay for Mandatory Quarantine. 13th July 2020
- International Arrivals to Pay their own Quarantine. 19th June 2020
- Universities must arrange Quarantine before International Students return. 21st May 2020
- Penalties for not Self Isolating in Australia 16th March 2020
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.