How do you pay a Genuine Tax Bill?
The most common methods are BPay or Credit/Debit card, as explained at: https://www.ato.gov.au/general/paying-the-ato/how-to-pay/
You NEVER pay by Gift Cards or cash to a stranger who says they are a tax collector.
You also never pay a policeman who is collecting for the Tax Office.
You CAN pay over the phone at this number: 1300 898 089 (the Government EasyPay service).
I suggest you search for “Australian Government EasyPay service” to check that number.
It is also available at the ATO website at: https://www.ato.gov.au/general/paying-the-ato/how-to-pay/
If you are contacted to pay a tax bill, without getting an assessment from the ATO, or the payment method seems odd (pay us with Gift Cards etc.,) then consider it might be a scam.
Check a Tax Scam
The Australian Tax office (ATO) dedicated scam phone number is 1800 008 540.
1800 calls are free calls.
You can report a scam at https://www.ato.gov.au/reportascam
Recent Related Posts
- Subclass 820 Visas Granted in 2021 20th January 2021
- Subclass 309 Visas Granted in 2021 19th January 2021
- International Flights into Australia January 2021 19th January 2021
- Who Called From: 217 399 474 18th January 2021
- Getting Harder to Fly to Australia. 16th January 2021
- Single Country Trade Dependency. 15th January 2021
- Prospective Marriage visa Extensions for COVID 13th January 2021
- Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine for Australia 13th January 2021
- Brisbane’s 3 Day Lockdown. Jan 2021 12th January 2021
- Subclass 300 PMV Visas Granted in 2021 12th January 2021