No Further Stay Waivers during COVID
Most applications for a waiver of the “No Further Stay” condition on many Australian visas were granted during the COVID period in 2020.
This enabled many temporary visa holders to stay longer in Australia, rather than be forced to return to their home countries, during this coronavirus period.
During the almost 9 months between 23rd March 2020 to 13th December 2020, the Immigration department received 37,830 applications for a waiver of the “no further stay” condition on their current visa.
During this period:
- 36,613 waiver applications were granted
- 12 waiver applications were refused.
A very good result for many people.
Source: Freedom of Information request FA 20/12/00670
Recent Related Posts
- Subclass 820 Visas Granted in 2021 20th January 2021
- Subclass 309 Visas Granted in 2021 19th January 2021
- International Flights into Australia January 2021 19th January 2021
- Who Called From: 217 399 474 18th January 2021
- Getting Harder to Fly to Australia. 16th January 2021
- Single Country Trade Dependency. 15th January 2021
- Prospective Marriage visa Extensions for COVID 13th January 2021
- Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine for Australia 13th January 2021
- Brisbane’s 3 Day Lockdown. Jan 2021 12th January 2021
- Subclass 300 PMV Visas Granted in 2021 12th January 2021
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.